Friday, September 11, 2009

Music Review: Huun Huur Tu & Carmen Rizzo - perpetual

It's no mystery around here that I am mad about Tuvan Throat Singing. I believe there are very few genres of music left in this world that so perfectly capture the burden of the place it sprung by... the terroir, if you'll. I think the echoic nature of the genre has something commotion last - the singers and musicians actually mimic singing winds, chirping birds, hoofbeats, even calling camels and grumbling yaks, and for some reason make it musical and beautiful, also as composite - it's not primitive, it's just finisher to the earth. In the earlier cave-dwelling and desert-roaming a long time of humanity, all music was established on nature sounds, and maybe as art is a reflection of culture, so too is the awfulness of modern pop music chewing over how far we've broken loose from nature. Note that I've zero interest in sleeping in a cave, treehouse, or even out a yurt (um, hi, I won't even live in a tent), and that I beloved my coffeemaker and blowdryer, I have killed a record sextet cacti in my life (let alone my perpetually dying "vegetable patch" - a running family antic), and the thing I've been looking advancing to most this week is the season close of True Blood, so feel free to cut center any time when I start to climb poetic almost the globe and nature, because I'm definitely entirely too comfortable in the present time. Luckily, though, I've inclined a bit bit of hope that pure nature and the present time can be reconciled. Tuvan corps de ballet Huun Huur Tu and producer Carmen Rizzo have teamed up to make Eternal, a CD that blendings traditional partial singing and Tuvan instruments with electronic components. It's among those things that totally coulded - it coulded bad, in point of fact, if done improperly - just, by golly, it acts! I mean, it really acts! The end result of the marriage of 2 worlds is frequenting, intelligent, and just a really concerning listen (and re-listen - I've played it a dozen about times already, and I'm nowhere near disgusted it - it's a keeper, for sure!)... I think I am crazy. Now, it might be pushing it a bit to presume that the clean consolidation of the earthly and the hyper-modern on Eternal is some kind of parable for people like me, who prefer to believe that we can have fantasy shoes and iPhones and still associate with nature and the earth, just a girl can dream, right? And I'll be acting my dreaming with Eternal because my soundtrack, thank you a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment