Saturday, September 12, 2009

UK Library Makes Archived World Music Available for Free!

See, this is why I have Google alerts set for about four dozen phrases. This bright morning, I woke up and checked the alert email for "world music." What I got was an article by the Telegraph, a Britain paper, announcing that British Library defer 2,000 a long time of world music recordings online, with free and afford access to anyone who prefer to* hear them. These transcriptions are not polished; they are all funky old field recordings (and pub recordings - there are dozens of drinking songs uncommitted, sung in the most reliable way possible). That's just fine with me, though, and I plan on disbursal a perfectly fair summer day pawing through them. And I'm in among those moods where the more graceless, the better, so I'm attending start in on the Ethnographic Wax Cylinders accumulation... the old binge, some of which is even from the belated 1800s. So go there (as you clog sec... I can accept that some people may not prefer to forego a sunny day for the sake of ethnomusicology) and entrench! By the very act of applying accumulations like these, you're abiding the creation of more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment